Nearly nine million Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs) are eligible for citizenship. However, only ten percent naturalize each year. NCAAT is working to increase the number of LPRs applying for citizenship by hosting workshops to provide application assistance.
Our staff and volunteers will help verify applicants’ eligibility for citizenship, complete and file their citizenship applications (form N-400) and prepare their fee waiver requests if they cannot afford the filing fee. These workshops are offered at no cost for attendees whose registration is confirmed in advance.
To be eligible for our naturalization workshops, you must be:
- At least 18 years old
- A lawful permanent resident (green card holder)
- Continuously reside in the U.S. for at least 5 years since becoming a permanent resident
- Physically present in the U.S. for at least 2½ out of past 5 years
- Of good moral character
- Able to understand, speak, read and write English
- Able to understand U.S. government and history concepts
Our next workshop will be November 16, 2019.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org