NCAAT is seeking a Field Organizer to recruit, lead, and manage canvassers for our voter engagement work in North Carolina. Field Organizer will receive training and materials from the organization. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about engaging Asian community members in their local community and familiar with cultural and social norms of the local Asian community. The candidate should have a deep commitment to racial justice, equity, and relationship building.
Status: Full time temporary
Salary: $20 per hour
Location: Main office in Raleigh. Position requires travel across NC
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis to start as soon as possible.
About the organizations: North Carolina Asian Americans Together (NCAAT) is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization committed to supporting equity and justice for all over fostering community among Asian American communities and allies in NC through civic engagement, leadership development, grassroots mobilization, and political participation. NCAAT in Action is committed to supporting equity and justice for all by building political power among Asian Americans and allies in North Carolina through voter education, progressive advocacy, and leadership development.
- Organize and recruit canvassers for voter outreach efforts, building strong working relationships with community members and volunteers
- Mobilize community members around relevant issues and policies, using accessible language and leveraging NCAAT’s in-language capacities, following messaging and branding guidelines from the organization
- Execute voter outreach plans through tactics including but not limited to door knocking, phone and text banks, tabling and relational organizing
- Train volunteers and canvassers on NCAAT’s voter outreach, ensure that canvassers and volunteers are up to date on voter rights and the local election process
- Support program team in organizational-wide mobilizations
- Keep accurate record of canvasser and volunteer progress and engagement
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 1 year of experience implementing event plans
- At least 1 year of experience mobilizing canvassers and/or volunteers of diverse backgrounds
- Connection to and/or knowledge of local Asian communities
- Verbal or written familiarity with at least one Asian language prominent in the local community
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours
- Driver’s license and reliable access to a car
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and equity
- Interest in keeping a pulse on local, state, and federal policies that impact Asian communities
- Detail-oriented, taking ownership of projects from start to finish, meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to adapt and build relationships with people from many communities and language backgrounds consistently
- Technical fluency and comfortable learning digital tools to collaborate remotely with a team
- Some experience with tools for community outreach and organizing such as VAN, GetThru, Reach, etc.
Apply now by sending your resume and a brief letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org; applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
NCAAT is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, or disability. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and others from historically marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.