Status: Full time, exempt
Salary Range: $60,000 – 65,000
Experience Requirements: Minimum one year in a relevant position
Location: Main office in Raleigh, NC; position is hybrid (3 days in office and 2 WFH), MUST be local or intend on moving to the area to be considered; requires occasional travel across the Triangle and other parts of the state.
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis to start as soon as possible.
About the organizations:
North Carolina Asian Americans Together (NCAAT) is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization committed to supporting equity and justice for all over fostering community among Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) communities and allies in NC through civic engagement, leadership development, grassroots mobilization, and political participation.
NCAAT in Action is committed to supporting equity and justice for all by building political power among Asian Americans, Pacific Islanders, and allies in North Carolina through voter education, progressive advocacy, and leadership development.
NCAAT and NCAAT in Action offer full-time employees health, dental, and vision insurance benefits, paid time off for vacations, and sick leave. In order to help employees maintain a reasonable work schedule, we offer flextime on Friday afternoons, with the occasional opportunity to remote work with respect to the scope and needs of individual work and projects. Additionally, to support the professional development goals of our employees we offer a yearly $500 professional development stipend; $450 stipend towards an Asian language course; and ongoing training opportunities.
Direct Youth Engagement (20%)
- Engage often with high school and college youth at events
- Build strong working relationships with high school and college staff and faculty
- Manage and direct a robust youth program where youth feel empowered and nurtured
Education and Leadership Development (30%)
- Plan and execute multi-day leadership development workshops for students
- Oversee NCAAT’s youth policy priorities including creating political-oriented workshops and mobilizations
- Build relationships with partner organizations for collaboration
- Oversee NCAAT’s internal internship program
Program Management (50%)
- Create and manage creative and innovative engagement, voter outreach, and education programs for students
- Manage the youth engagement coordinator and oversee their programming (YAM, internship, onboarding, etc.)
- Create and implement short-term and long-term strategic youth engagement plans
- Represent NCAAT’s programs to funders, partners, and allied organizations
- Hire and supervise youth engagement staff
- Create, manage, and consistently adapt NCAAT’s Youth program protocols, such as youth onboarding policies, safeguarding policies and best practices
Apply if you:
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and equity
- 1-2 years of experience working directly with students and student advocacy
- Experience with voter engagement work, ideally with nontraditional audiences
- Experience with voter outreach methods and organizing tools such as VAN, phone banking, texting, relational organizing, etc.
- Detail-oriented and able to adapt to new work styles and environment
- Strong team management experience
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours
- Driver’s license and reliable access to a car
- Basic skills in any Asian language is a plus, but is not required
NCAAT is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, or disability. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and others from historically marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.