NCAAT is seeking an Operations Coordinator to join our team to build, maintain, and support the internal organizational systems that allow the organization to reach its goals.
Status: Part-time position with the possibility of shifting to full-time w/benefits for the right candidate
Positions Available: 1
Location: Raleigh, NC
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis to start as soon as possible.
About the organization: North Carolina Asian Americans Together (NCAAT) is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization focused on bringing together the Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) community in North Carolina through civic engagement and political participation. Between 2000 and 2016, North Carolina’s Asian American population grew by 144 percent — the fastest rate among Southern states and the second-fastest in the country. However, only 57 percent of eligible Asian American residents are currently registered to vote. Our current work includes creating educational opportunities such as workshops and town halls, as well as directly engaging potential voters through voter registration drives, canvasses, and phone banks.
About the position: NCAAT is seeking an Operations Coordinator to join our team to build, maintain, and support the internal organizational systems that allow the organization to reach its goals. Duties may include:
- Monitoring physical and digital mailboxes for the organization
- Managing hiring process including scheduling, communications, and record keeping
- Grant tracking and ensuring compliance with requirements and deadlines
- Donor record-management, communications, and acknowledgment processes
- Improving processes and policies in support of organizational goals
- Oversight and management of monthly financials, in cooperation with external accountant and payroll company
- Scheduling board meetings, preparing relevant documents, and providing assistance to the board
- Handling communications, payments, and agreements with external vendors
- Organizing and maintaining digital and physical organizational documents
- Supporting Executive Director with administrative and development tasks as needed
Qualifications: This position is ideal for a detail-oriented candidate with great interpersonal skills and an interest in civic engagement and learning more about the AAPI community in North Carolina.
Candidates applying for this position must be:
- Self-starters with minimal need for supervision
- Excellent verbal communicators and quick learners
- Comfortable using digital tools to engage and communicate with a team remotely
- Meticulous and organized, and have prior experience that highlights these skills
- Familiarity with 501(c3) and 501(c4) designations a plus
Application Process: Apply now by sending your resume and a brief letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
(This position will be remote until we can safely return to the office physically, on-location work will be required upon our return to the office.)
NCAAT is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, or disability. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and others from historically marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.