NCAAT is seeking a Youth Engagement Coordinator to broaden our work with high school and college-aged youth around NC. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about engaging with students 1:1 and building relationships with campus administration. Candidates must also be committed to youth empowerment and social equity. The Youth Engagement Coordinator will work closely with NCAAT staff, the youth program, and report to the Head of Youth Engagement.
Status: Full time, exempt
Benefits: Health, Dental, and Vision insurance benefits offered, paid time off for vacations and sick leave
Location: Main office in Raleigh, North Carolina
Application Deadline: Applications reviewed on a rolling basis to start as soon as possible.
About the organizations: North Carolina Asian Americans Together (NCAAT) is a 501c(3) nonprofit committed to supporting equity and justice for all by fostering community among Asian American communities and allies in NC through civic engagement, leadership development, grassroots mobilization, and political participation. NCAAT in Action is a 501c(4) created to build political power among Asian Americans through voter education and progressive advocacy.
- Manage, coordinate, and implement NCAAT’s Youth Ambassadors program for high-school- and college-aged youths
- Assist heavily with NCAAT’s youth outreach via social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Build NCAAT’s base and network on various high school and college campuses
- Communicate regularly with students, student organizations, and youth volunteers
- Attend relevant youth events to represent NCAAT and our youth program
- Manage and organize youth volunteer and event data
- Assist with planning events, workshops, and leadership development opportunities for youth
- Opportunity for youth workshop crafting and facilitation, campaign building, and mentoring
- Able and willing to travel in North Carolina to Raleigh, Chapel Hill, Durham and occasional travel to other cities in NC
- Committed to social justice and equity
- Able and willing to drive in North Carolina
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Willing to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends
- Have some experience with campus or community organizing or working with youth
- Must be social media savvy, ability to use Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter is a must
- Strong familiarity with design via Canva is a plus
- Basic skills in any Asian language is a plus but is not required
Apply now by sending your resume and a brief letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NCAAT is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, or disability. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and others from historically marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.