NCAAT is seeking a full-time Youth Engagement Director to vision, plan, and execute our student engagement efforts across NC. The candidate should have a deep commitment to youth empowerment, racial justice and equity, and relationship building.
Status: Full time, exempt
Salary Range: 40,000-50,000
Experience: Minimum one year in a relevant position
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision insurance benefits offered; paid time off for vacations, sick leave
Positions Available: 1
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis to start as soon as possible.
Location: Main office in Raleigh, the position requires occasional travel across the Triangle and other parts of North Carolina (temporarily remote due to COVID-19)
About the organization: North Carolina Asian Americans Together (NCAAT) is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization committed to supporting equity and justice for all over fostering community among Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) communities and allies in N.C. through civic engagement, leadership development, grassroots mobilization, and political participation.
Between 2000 and 2016, North Carolina’s Asian American population grew by 144 percent — the fastest rate among Southern states and the second-fastest in the country. However, only 58 percent of eligible Asian American residents are currently registered to vote.
Our youth program works across high school and college campuses to empower students, increase civic engagement, and be a resource for the growing Asian American student population. We have hosted educational workshops, voter registration drives, leadership development initiatives, and provided over $1,500 for youth and youth-led projects in our network.
- Direct Youth Engagement (20%)
- Engage often with high school and college youth at events
- Build strong working relationships with high school and college staff and faculty
- Education and Leadership Development (30%)
- Strategize, plan, and execute multi-day leadership development workshops for students
- Build relationships with partner organizations for collaboration
- Envision and lead multi-issue student-driven campaigns
- Program Management (50%)
- Work closely with the Executive Director to create and manage a budget of $50,000-$100,000
- Create and manage creative and innovative engagement, voter outreach, and education programs for students
- Create and implement short-term and long-term strategic youth engagement plans
- Represent NCAAT’s programs to funders, partners, and allied organizations
- Hire and supervise Youth Engagement staff
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and equity
- 1-2 years of experience working directly with students and student advocacy
- Experience with voter engagement work, ideally with nontraditional audiences
- Experience with voter outreach and organizing tools such as VAN, texting, Reach, etc.
- Detail-oriented and able to adapt to new work styles and environments
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours
- Driver’s license and reliable access to a car
- Basic skills in any Asian language is a plus, but is not required
Application Process: Apply now by sending your resume and a brief letter of interest to Chavi Koneru to email@example.com
NCAAT is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, or disability. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and others from historically marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.