North Carolina Asian Americans Together (NCAAT) is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization committed to supporting equity and justice for all by fostering community among Asian Americans and allies in North Carolina through civic engagement, leadership development, grassroots mobilization and political participation.
Are you a member of the press? Check out our newsroom for more information.
Our vision is for a more inclusive democracy built by drawing on the strength of diverse traditions, common values and community togetherness. We envision a socially conscious and informed society that integrates greater participation and representation by Asian Americans. We believe that for such a society to exist we must work within a cross-racial, cross-ethnic framework focused on grassroots power and solidarity.
Guiding Principles and Core Strategies
Our work is guided by the following principles and strategies:
- Increasing visibility of the rapidly growing Asian American population in the state by lifting up our voices in the public discourse
- Working within an intersectional framework for racial justice and civil rights
- Creating structural change as well as greater justice within current systems
- Building a pipeline for the next generation of Asian American leaders
- Empowering Asian Americans statewide in civic engagement and movement building by providing resources, training, and education towards a long-term social justice agenda.
- Connecting existing networks of Asian Americans to support each other
- Bringing folks together and supporting each other and each other’s issues