The NCAAT Youth Ambassadors Program is designed for young people in NC between the ages of 16 and 22 who want to advance the mission and work of NCAAT by developing skills in community and civic engagement, learning about issues pertaining to Asian American advocacy, and connecting with other young people throughout North Carolina. This program is a unique volunteer opportunity with a one-time stipend of up to $75 that provides a fun and interactive NCAAT experience. Youth Ambassadors will have the opportunity to:
- Engage in, host, or volunteer during NCAAT events and workshops.
- Lead voter registration drives and other civic engagement opportunities.
- Contribute to NCAAT’s mission and vision of fostering community among Asian Americans and allies in NC and striving for a more inclusive democracy.
- Write for NCAAT’s blog, conduct social media takeovers, and design social media posts.
- Develop leadership skills among a group of like-minded peers committed to social justice and advocacy.
- Positively contribute to the larger NC Asian American community by serving as the NCAAT representative in their community.
The Spring 2023 ambassador program will run from February 27, 2023, to May 13, 2023. For their participation in the program, each ambassador will be provided with a stipend of up to $75. The expected time commitment for Youth Ambassadors is 5-10 hours a month.