The NCAAT Youth Ambassadors Program is designed for young people in NC between the ages of 16 and 22 who want to advance the mission and work of NCAAT by developing skills in community and civic engagement, learning about issues pertaining to Asian American advocacy, and connecting with other young people throughout North Carolina. This program is a unique volunteer opportunity with a one time stipend of up to $100 that provides a fun and interactive NCAAT experience.Youth Ambassadors will have the opportunity to:
- Engage in, host, or volunteer during NCAAT events and workshops.
- Lead voter registration drives and other civic engagement opportunities.
- Contribute to NCAAT’s issue-focused weeks of action on ethnic studies, immigration justice, climate justice/health access, and democracy reform.
- Write for NCAAT’s blog, conduct social media takeovers, and design social media posts.
- Develop leadership skills among a group of like-minded peers committed to social justice and advocacy.
- Positively contribute to the larger NC Asian American community by serving as the NCAAT representative in their community.
The Spring 2022 ambassador program will run from February 21, 2022, to May 27, 2022. For their participation in the program, each ambassador will be provided with a stipend of up to $100. The expected time commitment for Youth Ambassadors is 5-10 hours a month.
Applications are now CLOSED. Stay tuned for announcement of our Fall 2022 Youth Ambassador program